The Environment is a hot topic at the moment. We are all aware of the huge negative impact that waste has on the Environment. From Harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses being released into the air to plastic waste polluting our oceans. And we are all aware of the many benefits of recycling:
- To make the environment clean
- To protect the ecosystem and wildlife
- The Conservation of Materials
- To save energy
- To reduce rubbish in landfills
Newground ReUse is one of many companies on a mission to make a difference to our Environment. We have been operating since 2014 and in that time have managed to divert a massive 1820 tonnes of waste from Landfill. That’s roughly the same weight as 910 Hippopotamus. WOW. This is a great success for just a small team of around 18 staff. A large portion of this total is the resale of second hand furniture, as well as recycling metal, wood and white goods.
At Newground ReUse we are passionate about this cause and aim to improve on this figure year by year.
Recycling is a mindset and begins at home and it doesn’t have to be just separating your rubbish into different colour bins. You should be thinking reduce, reuse and recycle, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use a Bamboo Toothbrush
- Use a reusable water container
- Use washable make-up wipes
- Stay away from single use plastic – use paper straws, beeswax wrap for cling film, plastic free cotton buds
- Use a reusable coffee cup
- Use a lunch box
- Bring your own bag to the shops
- Use a reusable cloth instead of kitchen roll or paper towels
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!